I made yummy Chicken Stuffed shells, because I was craving them so bad.
One of my best friend's made these for me when I visited her in Columbus a little over a month ago and they are fabulous. Probably better to be made on a Saturday or Sunday, but they are delish.
You can even keep these ingredients in the pantry and just whip this up...
You will need:
2 cans of chicken
1 box of shells
1 box of chicken stuffing
4 cups Colby/Monterey shredded cheese (or whatever you have on hand)
1 large family cream of chicken (or 2 small cans)
- Cooks shells and stuffing (for my husband and I, I make about 18 shells which fills my pan nicely and leaves leftovers for lunch)
- Mix stuffing, drained chicken, and 2 ½ cups cheese. (Make sure that you shred the chicken with a fork as you mix it with the cooked stuffing and cheese)
- Grease the casserole dish and place stuffed shells in the dish.
- Mix cream of chicken & milk with whisk. (you want to make it the consistency of like a gravy, where it’s not too thick or too thin)
- Pour the gravy mixture over the shells until coated.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven @ 350 degrees for 30 min.
- Uncover and sprinkle the rest of the bag of cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 min. or until cheese has melted.
They are truly yummalicious! I served ours with salad tonight and it was fabulous.