Google Analytics

Friday, July 9, 2010

Headband Organization

So, as our home is being built we are living out of boxes. It is truly awful and I can't find a thing. 
 As I went for my "go-to" headband the other morning, it had snapped from being stuffed in an old make-up bag! 
 So on my lunch break, of course, I googled headband holders and found this wonderful idea over at Joy's Hope.
What a fabulous idea!
Here it goes.

I took an empty oatmeal container, that luckily my mom had just finished, and pealed the label off.


I picked out some really cute pink damask paper to cover it with.

I put the paper around the container to make sure it fit, it took two 12x12 sheets.  
We couldn't find the lid, so I thought I would make a paper cover for the bottom as well.

After it was cut, I applied Mod Podge, to put the paper on the container, then a thin layer over the paper and let dry for about 30 minutes.


And Voila!  A perfect headband holder!  Love it!
If I would of had a lid I would put my other hair jewels in there as well, but this will work perfect for now!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Any crafty suggestions for necklaces? Thats where I need some cheap organization tips!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    "Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration"
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO freaing cute!!! my girls each need one!!!!

    ~selina

    ReplyDelete