Google Analytics

Sunday, March 27, 2011

What I cooked on Sunday

We had a few nights out or late night meetings this past week, so I actually made the proper amount of food for once!  Usually we have tons of leftovers, because it's hard to cook for just two people.

Here is what I cooked on Sunday:

Corn Chowder - recipe - made this for lunches throughout the week and froze some. Super yummy!
Poached Chicken - part of this recipe
Baked Ziti with Spinach and Chicken - recipe - I used half of the poached chicken in place of the veal in this recipe.  It wasn't all that great, and my sauce wasn't thick enough, but with some changes, I might make it again
Minestrone Soup - recipe -  We had this on Monday and then I froze the rest.  I used the stock from my poached chicken as the base and flavored it up.  The hubby thought it needed noodles, but I enjoyed it just the way it is.
I finished off my day of cooking by making Chocolate Chip Cookies - recipe.  Yummy!

It was a very long day in the kitchen, but my nights after work were easy peasy and I didn't really have to cook a thing!

Do you cook on one day during the weekend in preparation of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment