Google Analytics

Monday, March 14, 2011

Wok this Way!

My mom and I recently took a cooking class called Wok this Way.  
No, it wasn't taught by an Asian Steven Tyler.  HA HA!
I really wanted a Wok, so my mom got me one for Christmas, along with a cookbook, and bought this Wok class that was being offered by the city she lives in.

Let me just tell you I was blown away by the recipes she cooked.  She made a wilted spinach salad, ginger glazed carrots, fried brown rice, stovetop taco casserole, and chicken cordon bleu stir fry.  All of this for $14 per person and an $8 food fee the night of the class.  Plus a copy of the recipes plus about 10 more and we all took some food home. 

Well, I had chicken leftover from my Drop Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie I had prepared on Sunday, so I used the extra chicken for the Taco Casserole I made on Thursday.
Super easy!

You will need:
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey (again I used my leftover shredded chicken)
1 large onion, chopped
1 sweet pepper, chopped
1 c. each chunky salsa and taco sauce
2 t. cilantro
1 T. chili powder
2 t. each cumin and oregano
tortillas or tortilla chips
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 (4oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
1/2 c. sliced black olives 
1 c. sour cream

So, in your wok over medium high heat cook meat until no pink is visible.   Remove and drain off excess grease.  Return pan to heat and stir-fry onion and pepper until the onions are translucent.  
Return beef to pan (this is when I added my cooked chicken) and add the salsa and taco sauce.  Stir in seasonings and stir over low heat until heated through.  Sprinkle the cheeses over the top, then the chiles and olives and cover.  Cook until cheese is melted.
Serve rolled up in tortillas, like a burrito, or spoon over a handful of tortilla chips.  
(this would also make a yummy dip)
Dollop with sour cream, if desired.  Serves 4 - 6

This was delish and really easy to make.  It's a nice twist to a Taco Tuesday or a Mexican themed night.
Pour yourself a margarita and enjoy!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment